Welcome To The Learning & Behaviour Charitable Trust
This site is designed to give you the information and resources you may need if you know someone with a learning or behavior difficulty. We welcome all feedback and input, as it is our aim to make this the premium site for learning and behavior difficulties in New Zealand. Please feel free to email us about anything you find or would like to see available here by using the links on each page.
Common Attention and Learning Difficulties:
Autism Spectrum Disorders
His Honour Principal Youth Court Judge AJ Becroft
His Honour Judge Andrew Becroft was appointed Principal Youth Court Judge of New Zealand in June 2001.
Born in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and educated at Rongotai College, Wellington, Judge Becroft graduated from Auckland University in 1981 with a BA/LLB (Hons) degree. He practised in Auckland with the firm Fortune Manning & Partners. In 1986 he assisted with the establishment of the Mangere Community Law Centre and worked there as the Centre’s senior solicitor until 1993. He then worked as a criminal barrister in South Auckland until his appointment to the Wanganui District Court in 1996. Judge Becroft is a former council member of the Auckland District Law Society and the New Zealand Law Society. He is current editor of LexisNexis "Transport Law".
Judge Becroft is currently the Patron of the New Zealand Speak Easy Association Inc, which assists those with various forms of speech impediment. He is also President of the NZ Tertiary Students Christian Fellowship.
He is married with three school aged children. Judge Becroft is a keen sports watcher (but an average participant). He is a strong advocate of youth issues.
Over the years, Judge Becroft has always been informed of the many in-justices that have been tied up with youth ‘at risk’ and on many an occasion will want to know and understand their back-ground, this has been for ‘at risk’ kids a blessing in disguise.
- The Campaign for Action on Family Violence is the definitive place on the web for information about family violence, what it is and where to get help. You can also join them on Facebook.
- A link to ADHD Consultants which is an Australian based consultancy specialising in education, and health promotion.
- Advanced notice of a new online course for parents by Dr. Gavin Reid. Some information here and here.
- Sleeptalk for Children is a unique revolutionary non-invasive way of communication with 'young ones'. More information can be found here.
- A link to the Family Help Trust which attempts to break the cycle of violence and neglect for New Zealand children.
- Information on Home Rules Contracts has been added to the Resources area.
- www.scholastic.com/resources/article/overcoming-dyslexia - By author and researcher Sally Shaywitz
- www.werrycentre.org.nz The Werry Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health is a national centre and was launched by the Hon Annette King, Minister of Health, at the Waipapa Marae at Auckland University in March 2003. It is based in the Department of Psychological Medicine at the University of Auckland. It is multidisciplinary and multicultural.
- www.kidsbehavioralneurology.com We would like to find a way to bring Martin to NZ
- www.childmatters.co.nz Child Matters is a registered charitable trust* dedicated to preventing harm to children in New Zealand. For 15 years we have been working in communities throughout New Zealand, educating, supporting and inspiring adults to protect children. Click here to download their child protection course handbook information PDF.
- Click here to view more useful links that have now been relocated from this page