Welcome To LBCTNZ
This site is designed to give you the information and resources you may need if you know someone with a learning or behavior difficulty. We welcome all feedback and input, as it is our aim to make this the premium site for learning and behavior difficulties in New Zealand and the world.
Common Attention and Learning Difficulties:
Autism Spectrum Disorders
- The Campaign for Action on Family Violence is the definitive place on the web for information about family violence, what it is and where to get help. You can also join them on Facebook.
- Advanced notice of a new online course for parents by Dr. Gavin Reid. Some information here and here.
- Sleeptalk for Children is a unique revolutionary non-invasive way of communication with 'young ones'. More information can be found here.
- A link to the Family Help Trust which attempts to break the cycle of violence and neglect for New Zealand children.
- Information on Home Rules Contracts has been added to the Resources area.
- www.scholastic.com/resources/article/overcoming-dyslexia - By author and researcher Sally Shaywitz
- www.werrycentre.org.nz The Werry Centre for Child and Adolescent Mental Health is a national centre and was launched by the Hon Annette King, Minister of Health, at the Waipapa Marae at Auckland University in March 2003. It is based in the Department of Psychological Medicine at the University of Auckland. It is multidisciplinary and multicultural.
- www.kidsbehavioralneurology.com We would like to find a way to bring Martin to NZ
- www.childmatters.co.nz Child Matters is a registered charitable trust* dedicated to preventing harm to children in New Zealand. For 15 years we have been working in communities throughout New Zealand, educating, supporting and inspiring adults to protect children. Click here to download their child protection course handbook information PDF.